Thursday, July 14, 2011

Redux - Primate Style


I'm very excited about the new Planet of the Apes movie. When the first one came out, I went to see it, if not quite under protest, at least with an attitude of "I'm not going to like this one bit."

In those days we went to the movies regularly with another couple. We took turns choosing the movie, in an informal "I chose last time - it's your turn this week" manner. So, when someone else made "The Planet of the Apes" their choice, I was prepared to be bored and intellectually insulted. (I have to laugh at myself sometimes.) But it was true... I was haughtily, begrudgedly there for a movie about apes, for god's sake. (rolls eyes)

When the movie ended and the lights in the theater came up, there was a huge smile on my face. "That was fun!" 

2 comments:

Monte Stevens said...

As I've never been really been into movies, I must admit I've never seen "The Planet of the Apes." I'm glad you had fun as we need those times in life. Just reading your post brings a smile to my face. Thanks!

Lee Rudd said...

It wasn't a patch on the original, but there are times it simply pays to disengage brain, decide to ignore any grasp of reality, and just enjoy a film! :)