Wednesday, July 13, 2011

In Memoriam


I learned yesterday that my first boyfriend has passed away. I don't know what happened, the obituary said that his death was "unexpected". We had not kept in touch over the years, so my memories of him are still those of teenager. A couple of months ago, I came across a slide that my dad had taken as we were leaving for the prom. I've processed it to protect his privacy - but believe me when I say... we were oh so young!

It occured to me that my first love and my last love have both preceded me in death. And that the statistic that men die younger than women is probably true. My heart goes out to his widow, because I know too well the emptiness and heartache that she is now facing.

Rest in Peace E.C. 

And Gary, I miss you every day.

5 comments:

Lee Rudd said...

So sorry to hear this Faye

Monte Stevens said...

This is a powerful post, both through your image and your words. Sending good thoughts and a hug your way. HUG!

Faye White said...

Thanks Lee an Monte.

Brent said...

I love this blog because you're eloquent, intelligent, and direct. You never bore. Quite impressive traits for a writer. Keep it up!

Faye White said...

Thank you, Brent. :)