Monday, August 29, 2011

Hum Away

2003

2006

2011

I don't know how many times over the years I have tried to photograph hummingbirds, but I'm sure the number of shots is in the thousands. I have always tried to catch them away from the feeders, with those bright red plastic flowers. I remember once, I set up the camera on a tripod, added one of my Alien Bees lights (because of all the trees, it's hard to use a fast shutter speed) and snaked a shutter release cable through the kitchen window so that I could stay indoors and hopefully not inhibit their coming in to the feeder. Sigh...

So, I have given up/in. I don't have the patience anymore to wait for them to get into just the right spot. These three photos are the only decent shots I have gotten over an eight year period. That is way too labor intensive.

1 comment:

Monte Stevens said...

And, the artist must labor. Give it one more try.