Tuesday, January 26, 2010

leaving a trail of megapixels



The sun was shining and I hadn't shot anything in infrared for a while...

I like infrared... it strips away some of the riff-raff in a scene and lets the good parts stand out. Hmmmm... if we could do that 'in real life'; squint our eyes and see only the good, the positive, the beautiful and let all the negative crap disappear. Ha!

I must confess... when someone tells me they have read my blog, I sorta get the deer-caught-in-the-headlights face. Because what I write here is straight out of my head and heart. I don't write for anyone else. I don't write in this journal to communicate with anyone. I write things down so I will know what I think. (That is from a quote by someone else, but I can't for the life of me remember who).

(Except for the fiction - which at the moment consists only of "The Pen".)

So anyway, that is my disclaimer, the fine print if you will. What you read here is what I think and feel and it's not always pretty or poetic or even grammatically correct.

Other business:
Monte Stevens posted an interesting list - cameras he has owned. So I sat down and compiled my camera history :

Pre-historic: I had an assortment of little 110 pocket-cams and a Polaroid or two.

Minolta SRT 101, film
Pentax P&S, film
Kodak - I can't remember the model, but it was one of the early digitals.
Sony F505
Sony F707 - I still have this camera and I keep it ready for Infrared photography (see photo above).
Fuji S2 Pro
Fuji S3 Pro - probably the best portrait camera ever
Nikon D300
Nikon D700 (current camera and I'm very happy with it)

The earliest photo taken by me, that I still have:



This was taken on a senior class trip to Washington D.C. - I wish I could remember which museum!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've journaled for close to 20 years mow and write for myself. It has help introduce the real me to myself. I spent years trying to create a "monte." I use a pen and paper so I must slow down in my mind to stay in sync with my writing. So, I have no problem with you voicing anything you wish, speak from the heart. I'll come on by once in while to check on your words and images.

Ann said...

I am a newcomer to this blogging and can't quite believe how cathartic it can be.... mostly I write in the early hours when sleep evades me. My reason for doing it is simple.....it gets it out of my head.
It's an impressive list of cameras Faye.