Wednesday, November 03, 2010

the office


My recent cleaning/straightening/clearing out around the house has enabled the rolltop on the desk to... roll! It's an Autumn miracle!

One day last week, I decided that it was time to empty the closet. It was much more difficult than I had anticipated. Once I decide to do something, I'm a rip-the-band-aid-off type person. There was no way this task was going to be quick and/or easy, however. But I did it... it took me most of the day and then I donated the clothes to Goodwill. I kept a few items that held special memories for me. More on this later...

When my husband passed away, I remember many people saying "Whenever you decide to clean out his things, let us know and we'll be glad to help." None of them was here last week when I needed them.

Back to my cleaning... .

3 comments:

Lee Rudd said...

very nice and tidy! I've always liked that office chair of yours!

Monte Stevens said...

I like the look and feel of the office. I also agree with Lee, that's a nice looking chair, one I could lean back in and rest my eyes for a bit. They say a cluttered room causes a cluttered mind.

I believe cleaning the office is part of the process in moving forward to another stage of your life. I smile because I wonder what your creative muse will stir within you to create next. More poetry? Another trip?

Have a super weekend! Hugs

Angie said...

hey I didnt know u were doing this.....hard to help in NC....did u call or ask anyone to help u?