Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Not yet


I know I should donate the contents of this closet. That is what my head tells me, but my heart... my heart will break again if I go through theses clothes, folding each sweater or shirt and placing it into a box. Others have offered to do this for me when I am ready and I may have to accept. There is no rush, I don't need the space; it's just that they are fine clothes and there are those who are in need.

I wonder if there is a tiny part of the grieving heart that believes everything should stay exactly as it was, just in case...

Yes, I should fold these clothes and give them away, but not just yet...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When the time is right, my friend but not just yet.

Donné said...

Faye - Not just yet.....
until the time is totally past that you bury your face into his favourite sweater and recall his scent, his touch because his presence still lingers in every fibre of those clothes and in every fibre of your being.
xxxDonné

Ann said...

I can't type well with tears in my eyes..... your need is the important one now..... and as you say, you don't need the space and there isn't really any rush.

Pat Shawyer said...

Faye, I hope you dont mind my writing a little comment. You know, its been 6 years since we lost Mum this year, and her clothes are all as they were. People told Dad, and me, "You SHOULD be getting rid of these by now..." Who's to say when is the right or wrong time to do that? 6 years on and we are STILL not able to do it, if ever, but, they are not harming anyone, to us, it would feel like we are throwing part of what my Mum was, away, and none of us can do that.
I dont see us EVER doing it, but you know what, SO WHAT?
You are doing so well my dear
xx