Monday, November 08, 2010

Here today, Gone tomorrow


I am not a writer. I use words to express what my photographs mean to me... and sometimes I have something to say and I will use a photo to get the words flowing.

Yesterday, I noticed the late light shining on the surface of the pond. There's a fountain that generates ripples on the water; ripples that transform the reflected light into abstract forms - never the same from one moment to the next. Then, I like to add something to the scene in order to create a contrast between liquid and solid. I like seeing the points of tension, where the 'thing' meets the swirling current.

This once-crunchy leaf will eventually absorb enough water that it will slip beneath the surface and begin to decay.

That's what leaves do.

1 comment:

Monte Stevens said...

So that's what leaves do. And, my friend, I would suggest you are a writer. It is all a perspective from those who read.