Thursday, August 23, 2012

Fleeting


I saw this quote yesterday: "It's a moment that I'm after, a fleeting moment, but not a frozen moment." - Andrew Wyeth

Fleeting: passing swiftly; vanishing quickly; transient;

I must think about this... without over-thinking it. I have a feeling that I'll know it when I see it.

The photo above is not a fleeting moment; I know that for sure.

The photo below is. We arrived at Grayton Beach, Fla as a hurricane was moving out, heading west along the panhandle. Timing. It turned out to be the last vacation before my husband passed away - three months later.





2 comments:

Monte Stevens said...

I like that quote and I like your image. As I mentioned earlier it is wonderful art to me. And, yes, just missing a hurricane is what I'd consider a fleeting moment. The precious events on our lives are fleeting moments. That's why we cherish them so much!

Brent said...

Still love this image. Tells a story. Effective processing.