Monday, March 19, 2012

A day at the beach


One more before I put the slides away for a while. I have found that going through these slides has begun to make me feel sad. I woke up one morning and 'saw' my life as a flip-book. You know the ones where you flip through the pages and it looks like a movie. I saw those who have died, as well as the births, friends, travel, school, jobs, houses, cars that make up my life. So, I'm putting the slides aside... for now at least.

As for this photo, I remember that air mattress - it was army green. And we always took a brown army blanket  to sit on. 

Back to the present...

3 comments:

Ann Courtney said...

It's strange the things that you remember and the way in which you remember them too- green air mattress, brown blanket.
I dare not start on the suitcase full of family photos. Sadly I have no one to ask when I come across an unfamiliar face.

Monte Stevens said...

I like this one also. And, as Ann says it's interesting how we remember things such as the blanket color. Back in January my parents and I went through boxes of prints. I so enjoyed it all and loved the memories they stirred up for me. I have some I want copies made of.

Sorry they bring on a feeling of sadness. I remember how those green army blankets did itch. And, welcome back to the present! Have a great day, Faye!

Brent said...

I enjoy looking at these images, Faye. I hope the slides come out again down the road.