Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Red Shouldered Hawk

As I sat at my desk, I saw the hawk swoop down through the trees. He was on the other side of the creek... too far away for my camera. A few minutes later he landed on a tree limb much closer to the house. I picked up the D300, which had the telephoto lens already attached, and found him feeding on what appeared to be a small mouse. He stayed for quite a while, even turned to give me a view of the feathers on his back.

So I got off a few shots... I must clean my windows one of these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you're like me it'll take weeks to clean the windows, hire it done. :-) Sometimes we shoot with what we are given and take what we can. Well done.

One of the things I like about my condo back in Colorado is the holding pond out front. It is feed by a small creek so I get to see deer, foxes, raccoons, lots of water fowl such as geese, ducks, and herons.