Tuesday, August 01, 2023

Pink

The crepe myrtle outside my window is in full bloom and tiny pink petals are everywhere; even decorating my doormat.



August has arrived. The temperature might be backing off slightly from the 90s of July.  Fingers crossed.

A fellow photographer lost her husband yesterday.  I feel much sympathy for her as I understand how difficult it will be in the coming months and years. 

Painting has stalled, lack of subject matter is my problem at the moment. The heat seems to have zapped my enthusiasm.  But I believe I found an inspiration this morning so we'll see if the paint meets the paper.

1 comment:

monstev said...

Yes, I think you did find inspiration my friend. I also found out a high school classmate of mine died in his sleep on Sunday night and the brother of another classmate died. These losses can be painful to live with so I close my eyes, take a deep breath and listen in pray. More inspiration, please.