Sunday, August 13, 2023

Maui

I am fortunate enough to have visited Maui several times, most recently in 2009 (2009 feels 'recent' in my memory).

Visiting Hawaii was on my bucket list, a list created as I went through the hell that was chemotherapy and radiation therapy in 1987. We booked a trip in 1989, when my hair had grown out enough that I no longer needed to wear a wig. We flew to Oahu and boarded a ship that would take us to each of the four main islands. We made this same voyage two more times over the years before deciding Maui was our favorite island and booking a vacation there. I didn't visit again until 2009, after my husband's passing in 2008.

The point I wanted to make is how gorgeous Maui is and what they are going through now breaks my heart. 






1 comment:

monstev said...

It breaks my heart, also. I was stationed at Hickam AFB on Oahu from 1969-1972. I so regret not making a visit to Maui or any of the other islands. I would like to make a trip back to see what it is like 50 years later. Love that beach photo!!!