Sunday, June 19, 2022

Father's Day

Grateful for this gorgeous day. This morning the temperature is in the low 60s, very little humidity. Ahhhh. I needed this respite from the searing heat wave we've been experiencing. The 90s will be back next week but for now, ahhh.


Thinking of my Dad on this Father's Day. He died when I was 16 so my memories of him are from my childhood and teen years. I wish I had known him as an adult. It's an idea so foreign I can barely imagine it. He took good care of us, I know that.  He was a photographer, I have his camera. Here is a self portrait he took - I don't know when it was taken but he looks pretty young. I have most of his slides.




1 comment:

monstev said...

What a gift you have with his images. I am grateful that I still have my dad, 93 years old. I have my regrets also of not spending as much time with him when he was an early adult. I do have good memories of camping with him in high school years. He's a handsome man! May you have a great day in reflecting on what was and what could have been. Hugs!