Thursday, January 06, 2022

Flag Thoughts

 I cannot yet fly the American flag. When I see the flag today, I see the rioters invading the capitol.  I see the supporters of the former president flying the stars and stripes on their pickup trucks as they attempt to run a bus off the road. A bus carrying Americans.


To be honest, on the day that Trump was elected, I took down the flag that had been hanging near the front door of my home. I knew things were going to be bad but I couldn't have imagined how far this country would fall.

I try to keep politics out of my writings, bur this has weighed on my mind for a long time. I look at the American flag today and I don't see patriotism, I see hatred.

1 comment:

monstev said...

I also don't see patriotism but hatred, exclusion rather than inclusion. My stomach turns when I see someone with a flag attached to their truck or a flag of different colors. It's sad.