Thursday, November 11, 2021

Veterans Day

A moody sunrise

And a photo of my Dad

Yesterday's weather was perfect - upper 70's and sunny. By the weekend we'll be back to normal Fall temps. Oh well. 

My Dad was in the Army during WWII. He was stationed in the Philippines. He eventually got into the Army Air Corp (I think that's what it was called) but before he could finish his training, the war ended. He loved flying but never pursued it in civilian life. I remember on many Sunday drives we would end up at the local airport, watching planes land and takeoff. 

1 comment:

monstev said...

What a wonderful photo of your dad. When I look at the aircraft they flew back then I am amazed at the courage they had. Then again, to them these were instruments of great technology. It was 23 degrees this morning so we will both need to stay warm.