Saturday, February 13, 2021

Mirror, Mirror


It's a moment that I'm after, a fleeting moment, but not a frozen moment.  ~ Andrew Wyeth



I went looking for a particular photography quote this morning regarding freezing time with a photograph. I never found it, but I will continue to search. The above quote happened to be on my blog page and it's close enough for now.

A few days ago I had searched for "photo prompts", needing something to spur new ideas. One of the suggestions was to photograph into a mirror. Now, we've all done this a time or two for self-portraits. And I think there was a time many years ago, in my home studio, that I photographed things sitting on a mirror. 

This is the article, in case anyone is interested. Or if I need to find it again someday. Photo Prompts


2 comments:

Tom Dills said...

Some interesting ideas in that article. I'd say that the message comes down to "mix it up." Good advice!

monstev said...

I thought the article had some good ideas, also. And, some new ideas for me. I really do need to come up with a few good prompts myself. Good luck on your search!