Friday, October 15, 2010

In the 'hood



As you can see, it's a beautiful day in the neighborhood. The leaves are slow in changing color this year - possibly because the hot weather stayed through September?

I looked at the utility bill lying on my desk this morning and realized that I still haven't put the utility accounts in my name... more loose ends that seem to get pushed aside as they aren't critical to daily life. But I know that to be thorough I need to take care of these types of things, so I'd better start a list.

But there's a more urgent problem that needs to be addressed... squirrels have eaten a hole through the siding and into the garage attic area, so I need to A) figure out how to cut a small piece of wood to cover the hole and B) nail it into place. It won't be pretty...

1 comment:

Monte Stevens said...

So, you are now going to take up carpentry? Something tells me you will do just fine. And if the squirrels laugh at you handy work, screw em. Just be careful of all appendages. You need them for your writing and photography. Taking care of loose ends does take time, so when the time arrives you will get them done. I'd suggest grabbing a hammer and taking on the squirrels. :-)