Monday, August 18, 2008

!



I was reading an article on writing (eh?) and one of the dont's.... !!!! Leave them out! oops!

So I set a goal not to use any !! for one week..... I lasted two hours..... Communicating electronically is tricky. A comment that is well-intended could be received as sarcastic without the benefit of facial expression or tone of voice. And so we add punctuation marks and emoticons to convey our feelings and opinions.

What has this to do with photography? Well, we have the same issue with the two-dimensional image. I may take a photo that to me has no negative or sinister connotation, but others may see things differently and frequently do..... ! ;-) As previously noted in this blog, adding a description/title doesn't always (rarely!) (damn!) succeed in steering the viewer in the direction you want. I had to step away from the doll images because things were quickly spiraling down into a Stephen King novel.

So... have a good day. I like your photo a lot.

\,,/(^_^)\,,/

No comments: