Friday, November 06, 2009

I'm not seeing it...



This photo was taken one year ago today. I took a similar shot just the other day, not realizing that I was repeating myself. I have had this nagging thought... no, it's more than that - I KNOW that I am not shooting the photographs that I want to make. I hope that makes sense, because I don't know how to "see" the photos I want to capture. Does this mean they won't come naturally to me?

I keep shooting the same things... over and over. And the results are not bringing me satisfaction. There are some of my photos that I look at and think " I love that, I can't believe I took it!" But lately I feel as though I'm in an infinite loop... retracing my same steps. I'm not growing photographically.

*Sigh*... what to do?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

all photographers have a "style"... expand yours - step back and see the world with fresh eyes... you can do this...

monstev said...

I read the following words today and let them soak in for a while as I have gone through periods such as you describe. I think we must go through these stages. I also find my creative juices flow better when I have less expectations. We work it, letting it come from within. It's there. Hope you have a great weekend!

"Lack of inspiration is not an excuse for bad photography or not photography. It is a reason to get up in the morning, grab a camera and go shake the cobwebs out of your mind, your eyes, your spirit. Forget the absents of the muse. Head out without her. Wander until your eyes open, then you'll find the muse is already there, waiting." David duChemin

Anonymous said...

http://digital-photography-school.com/blocked