Sunday, October 18, 2009

Autumn, Reluctantly



I may have been trying to avoid this time of year... I dunno. Up until now, I have been able to remember last year and think "At this time last year, we had no idea how ill he was." But by October... we knew and the fight had begun; doctors, hospitals, tests, tests and more tests filled the days.

And so... since July, I have been traveling. I am not under the delusion that I can run away from my grief, I have merely been distracting my attention with the beauty of nature and far away destinations. And it's also been about moving on - I have always faced hard times by putting my head down and pushing forward; trying to get to the other side before this destroys me.

I must keep moving...

1 comment:

monstev said...

I believe the beauty of nature to be a healer. And, we each have our own journey in our grieving process. Keep on moving, it's pretty cool.