Sunday, November 15, 2009

Short days and long shadows



I haven't been posting much lately... partly because I have been sick and partly because I have lacked inspiration for getting out and taking photographs. I feel much better today and am managing to pick up the camera even though I seem to point the lens aimlessly. It's the time of year... as a good friend reminded me a few days ago. If I can get through the one year mark and the holidays, I know (I hope!) my outlook will improve.

Every day I re-realize that I am alone... will be alone... and I shouldn't be alone. It's still not fair that he is gone and I am here.

On a positive note - I was contacted this week by someone who wants to use one of my photos as the logo for his business! We have agreed on a price and I am very... honored, flattered, happy. It's a good thing. I just wish I had someone to celebrate with. But as soon as I'm off all of the medications, I'll open a bottle of champagne.


1 comment:

monstev said...

Years one and three can be tough ones. You seem to have many family and friends near so I hope you embrace them when you need to and they will embrace you when they need you. Reaching out to others is a way to find our own healing.

I do feel for your loneliness. I have found in my life the gift of being with myself, even though it's not what I expected in life. I have a few flaws but I'm not too bad a person to hang around with.

Since we only know each other via the internet, here's a hug for ya: Hug!

Glad you have sold the image, it may be a sign of things to come. :-)