Friday, March 24, 2023

What to paint

 


In trying to decide what to paint next, I look through my photos and also royalty-free photos on Pixabay or Unsplash. What makes a pleasing photograph doesn't necessarily translate into a good subject for a painting. Originally, my photography fell into one of three areas: family, vacations, or reference photos for paintings. I'm not sure when I began photographing purely for the photo, but it coincided with my painting efforts falling by the wayside. So, here we are today - arthritis prevents me from venturing out much for photos. Even when I wasn't painting on a regular basis, I still did a small painting every once in a while. Now, painting is my main focus. It's what keeps me from getting real stuff done. Lol. 


Yesterdays palette and resulting painting.



Sometimes,  I think the palette is quite beautiful. 


1 comment:

monstev said...

Thank you for offering some history to you creativity in photography and painting. I find that interesting that the photo leads to the painting. My mother was a painter and pull together a couple of photos or scenes to create her own. I'm glad you are still able to bring forth the creative heart within you in your painting. My youngest daughter also loves to paint and is quite good at it. I love your iris painting.