Sunday, December 11, 2022

I, I, I. Me, me, my.

 I, I, I 

Me, me, my.


Besides having a bad cold this week, I was struck by the realization that social media is 99% over-sharing. I was taking part in an Instagram project #decemberreflections and the prompt was "5 things about me". As I read through the postings of others taking part, I thought 'oh my word, this is disgusting '. Over-sharing.  I've been as guilty as anyone over the years. Sharing too much trivial information. 

 I also realized that I have come to know some truly wonderful people via social media. Some I have met in person but most I only know online. I also know that for those who are housebound, social media may help them be less despondent.  However, in some cases, it also contributes to poor self-image and depression. Social media: Take only as needed.

Oh, and I consider sharing photography a worthy endeavor. Make more photos!


This is from Martinique,  2009



3 comments:

monstev said...

I removed myself from all social media for that very reason. I also found myself doing the same thing, sharing more than was needed. I even wonder sometimes how much of myself I'm placing on my blog that is not necessary or needed. I post images with quotes about 25-30% of the time. Sorry about the cold and hope you are on the mend. I was wondering if all was okay with you. Glad to see you posting.

สล็อต ทดลองเล่นฟรี said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
pg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.