Tuesday, March 08, 2022

Spring Unbroken


This will be the third year without a Spring Break trip. The last two years due to COVID, this year... several reasons. The search for my next home and I hate Florida. This development surprises me as much as anyone and I admit it is wholly based on the idiocy of Florida's government and most of its citizens.

I spent my formative teen years in Florida. We moved back to upstate New York after my dad died and my mom wanted to be close to her family. Then we moved back to Florida in the late 60s. I lived there until we moved to Georgia in 1972. My son was born in Florida. These strong anti-Florida feelings puzzle me, yet I cannot deny them. I don't want to live in Florida and now I don't even want to visit. And this eliminates a whole lot of beach possibilities for a Spring Break getaway.

Of course, there are Carolina beaches but it would mean traveling solo and I think those days have unfortunately passed for me. 

 

1 comment:

monstev said...

I so relate. I can say that about the name Christian. My religious roots are in Christianity but I do not want to call myself one because I do not want to be associated with some of them.

Hope you are able to work something out as I know you enjoy the beaches. I'm pretty sure a sandbox will not suffice. 😂