Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Summer is not for the faint of heart

 "What is astonishing with each and every photograph is not so much that it 'freezes time' - as people commonly think - but that on the contrary time proves with every picture anew HOW unstoppable and perpetual it is." ~Wim Wenders, "Once"


"The more opinions you have, the less you see." ~Wim Wenders


And with two of my favorite Wim Wenders quotes, we turn to pasta!



And to Beau, also not impressed with summer


2021 is half gone! What is happening? It's been two years since I moved to North Carolina. I don't miss Georgia. I don't know if I expected that I would or not. You would think that after living there for forty-some years, I'd have some tugs of memories. I'm not big on regret. When I make a decision I move forward; looking back accomplishes nothing. The people that I miss are no longer of this earth, so going back to a place on a map won't help.




3 comments:

monstev said...

Yep, it doesn't look like Beau is impressed. Stepping back through a closed door does not allow us to move forward to the next experience life offers. Glad to know you are moving forward. 😍 How was the pasta?

Tom Dills said...

I love this sentiment and agree that home is wherever you are, and where that is on a map is much less important. The year has indeed flown by.

Faye White said...

The pasta was delicious. 🙂