Monday, November 18, 2013

Failure




In my usual style of overreaction, I had vowed yesterday to take a break from posting photos... for a couple of weeks.I had no intention of not taking pictures, just not putting them online. The thinking was that if I wasn't concerned with what I was going to publish, I would take more risks with my photography. I think that is a good idea - in principle.

Long story short - I lasted one day. I took some interesting photos during my twenty-four hour sabbatical. ( I have to laugh at myself sometimes) I chose to shoot 'bases". The places where objects rest. It was a good exercise... got me away from the leaves. Here is one that I especially  liked:


Now, about that red leaf redux... I found out that it is a Scarlett Oak leaf and I may just shoot it every year until I die.

So, I failed at keeping my photos to myself but I will try to be more creative with my subject matter.



1 comment:

Monte Stevens said...

You make me smile. And, I'm grateful you share your creativity with us no matter the subject or the times in between. Your creativity is a gift to share.