Saturday, January 07, 2012

Don't go in the garden shed...


I think that garden/tool sheds have a definite masculine energy. While men might consider them a necessity, a utility space for their tools, mowers, etc and think of them fondly,  I find them spooky. I never open the shed door without wondering what might have crawled inside and is waiting for me. Too many movies, I suppose. 

But I wanted to see if there was an additional rake inside before going off to buy a new one, so I (deep breath) took the padlock key and set off (camera in hand) on my quest. No rake (at least not the type I needed), so as I closed the doors, I turned to look at the house. Seemed so far away. No-one would hear me scream.


2 comments:

Monte Stevens said...

It's interesting what stories our imaginations can create, stories that never come to life, except in Hollywood. Now, to buy a new rake.

Ann Courtney said...

Oh I can cope with the garden shed, it's the wood shed that gets to me! Move one log and watch the rest come tumbling down blocking the door......No worries about the spiders, it's the logs........ Yes it is strange the way our minds work!