Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Perseverance in less than 420 characters...


I tried to post something on Facebook today, but it exceeded the maximum number of characters allowed for a status update. It's not important, but then what on Facebook is? Some people post about every move they make. Some post outrageous, provocative ramblings. And some never post or comment, they only 'Like' other people's stuff.

So... what was so important? Well, I had struggled with a problem and it seemed that I wasn't going to get a resolution. I hate to give up; it's both a blessing and a curse. When my hard drive failed last month, I had to reinstall everything. I had been using a Photoshop Plugin from Topaz Labs for a couple of years and it was one of my faves. However, after the hardware failure, I lost a ton of emails - one of them being the license key for this product. I'd searched everywhere for it for nearly two days. This particular product has been replaced by two new products; which, if all else failed, I could purchase those and have the same capabilities - but... :( So, I sent an email to Topaz Labs and they re-sent the license key. Yay!!!

Moral of the story... keep the licensing information in a safe place.

What does the above photo have to do with this? It won a couple of contests and was processed using the PS filter that I now have back in my toolbox. :)

2 comments:

Monte Stevens said...

I have some friends on FB hidden and some are gone because of the games they play or I simple do not want to know what they are eating or watching or where they are going. I post seldom. Not sure what I'm even doing on there. I'm not sure about the security so I click on almost nothing. Glad you got your Topaz stuff back, along with your computer. I love this image!!!

Brent said...

I am on a computer right now with a hard drive failure. I think I backed up my stuff, but my most recent attempts at back-up failed. I hate Adobe's licensing regulations and practices. They only serve to harm and hassle the users who pay for their stuff legally, while others are out using torrents to get their software for free. (I'm almost thinking about going the latter route when I get my computer fixed simply because I'm sick of Adobe.) I'm in photography and design classes, I've sent them my transcript, and they still won't verify my student editions. They make me want to kill myself. <Hyperbolic.

And good luck with the rest of your "restoration." I'm sending my computer to Data Doctors tomorrow.