Thursday, July 17, 2008

when things are not what they see

As hard as you may try to control what people see (or don't see) in your photos,they will form an immediate response to the image and often it will not be at all what you intended.

I remember saying once (in this blog) that I usually did not add titles or descriptions to my photos, thus allowing the viewer to form their own opinion.


So, when I posted this image in response to a "Shapes" challenge theme and I described them as NOT cookie cutters (unless you like cookies the size of a dime)... every single comment: "Great cookie cutter shot!"


I should know better.... I shouldn't care.... What do I have against cookie cutters? Because they are trite? Surely I can present triteness in a manner that is interesting, aesthetically pleasing and has some modicum of photographic quality.


The lesson: make photos, put them out there and then let go.


Meanwhile, sofobomo made T.O.P. today!

No comments: