Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Faye's Five


I don't have a plan. 

I'm not sure if I've ever been much of a long-range planner. I've always been more of a survivor and a take-advantage-of-an-opportunity type. If a job opened up that I wanted but was not quite qualified for, I went out and got the training or whatever was needed to be seriously considered for the position. And I've had a fairly successful life so far. Serendipity has been good to me.

And for the past few years, all that I have focused on is survival so I didn't feel as though I needed to accomplish much else. But when people say "If you could do anything, what would it be?", I don't have a good answer. I think I touched on this not too long ago when I wrote about wishes... 

I'll be working on a plan then - time's a wastin'! As the saying goes: if you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.


2 comments:

Monte Stevens said...

I've always been an opportunistic person. My plans have a history of being more of a dream with little to no steps taken. When something pops up and it's interesting then I seem to take the steps. I remember my mother asking my friend, Lyle and I, where were headed one evening. We turned and told her we were not sure but would let her know when we got back. Of course we were also acting like teenage boys.

Brent said...

You and I are very similar in this respect. I think I'm grounded, logical, and intelligent. But I'm not very good at planning. I'm impulsive, flip. And I'm trying to survive. Heck, I'm trying to help others survive as well. You're resilient, Faye. And when the opportunity strikes, you'll be all over it. Right? :D