Sunday, July 25, 2010

left behind


As I lay in bed the other night, I realized that:

No one will mourn when I die... not the way someone who has lost their other half mourns.
No one will touch my pillow and miss seeing my face there.
No one will gently touch the clothes left in my closet and bring them to their face, trying to remember my scent.
No one will feel the emptiness in the house, every minute of every day.
No one.

But that is okay... because I wouldn't wish these feelings on anyone.

2 comments:

John said...

Wonderful image! Your great eye for creative composition came through, from the post in the foreground topped by the frothy blossoms. It looks like a fountain! The contrast and saturation really make it happen.

Brent said...

It takes a lot of strength to be this open.