Friday, August 10, 2018

Dismayed


'Dismayed' may be too strong a word. I had to push myself to make this shot. The rose was perfect but what to do about a background? The bloom is so small that it would be lost with a busy b/g. Find a white board and prop it up. I almost shrugged it off.

Once upon a time, my guest bedroom was set up as a studio; lights, tables, backgrounds. It was always ready for a still life (or feline) shot. The, I took it all down and packed it all away. 

Anyway, it was not a huge effort to set up the shot... but the spirit was lacking.

2 comments:

monstev said...

I'm way behind in reading my feeds of blogs, so that's the reason for the late comment. I like this image and agree with your reasoning for the white background. It works for me. Effort can seem at times to be the hardest task of the day. Thank you for the effort to make this image. Hugs, my friend!

Faye White said...

Thanks, Monte.