Friday, May 15, 2015

Reservation Reservations


Thanks to a FB friend, I discovered this week that I can indeed travel legally to Cuba. I have wanted to go there for a long time but never thought I would be able to make the trip. There are restrictions for Americans of course, but I have decided to go while I can.

I have gone back and forth. Go? No go? Asking the universe to give me a sign. (there were several). I was all "YES" mid-week, then yesterday I felt very old and alone and I was leaning towards "NO". Nothing about the trip itself concerns me; it's my stamina. Can I keep up with my knee issues?Everything feels pretty good now, but I never know about tomorrow. But no one has any guarantees for tomorrow. 

I have become so cautious in my old (ha ha) age. I was much more impetuous when I was younger. I suppose we all were. Then when things go awry or we find that not everything we try is successful, we begin to take a moment before jumping into the deep end.

So there it is. Cuba, late November. I will be there on December 1.

3 comments:

monstev said...

Awesome news! I have a friend who just returned from Cuba and loved the experience. Enjoy! And take some photos. One with you sitting in a 57 Chevy.

monstev said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tom Dills said...

Good for you! I think that will be an awesome experience. And I second Monte's comment about the '57 Chevy.