Sunday, September 14, 2014

Changes


The summer is winding down and I am pleased with this change. I first noticed that the sunlight was lower when I returned from a week away to the coast of North Carolina. Some leaves have been falling but I sense this has more to do with trees in distress than with the change of seasons. Of course, I also notice the sunrise occurring later each day; I delay the feeding of the feral cats until it is light outside and the time is getting closer to eight these mornings. The temps are only rumored to be lower this week... but I admit the summer heat has not been as brutal as past years.

I look forward to leaving the house windows open all day long.

1 comment:

Monte Stevens said...

We are seeing summer winding down also. We had our first frost this past Friday night. Saturday mornings temperature was 34 degrees but we hit 70 degrees by the afternoon. As you, I notice the shadows changing and I'm sitting in the dark longer in my morning quit time. I smile because I leave my windows open pretty much all summer. Just closed them this past week. Enjoy your Fall, my friend!