Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Saying Goodbye


Sweet Puppy Stella

On Saturday, August 10, 2013, we laid my mother to rest. Her wish was to be buried next to her parents, and that is where she rests now.

Although my mom was 91, she was not at all what you might think - not feeble, not restricted in movement, diet or mental capacity. She did sudoku puzzles as fast as she could get them. She and my sister had a great day... doing things they enjoyed. But during the night, she suffered a massive stroke. She passed away eleven days later, but she never regained consciousness. 

I miss her every minute. My world without my mom is going to be a sadder place, but I will continue to try and make her proud to be my mother.

1 comment:

Monte Stevens said...

A sweet tribute to your mom, Faye. And, another loss in life, an empty place. I hope all the memories are of good times. I also think you have and will make her proud. Juhs, my friend!