Friday, June 14, 2013

Looking Out



It was a (long) weekend, filled with a wide range of emotions... joy at my nephew's wedding, then sorrow as I learned of the passing of an old friend and also one of my uncles. That's the way it is, especially at family gatherings. I was surprised that I felt quite alone at the reception. I should have expected those emotions, but I think that I never look far enough ahead to be prepared for the wave of sadness. But, it's over now. No more weddings? Haha... maybe.

1 comment:

Monte Stevens said...

Our emotions do surprise us. We're made that way. I smile because you seem to be in tune with those emotions. Many people are not aware of them or avoid them. Seeing, feeling our emotions and accepting them is, to me, a sign of healthy people. I hope you have a great week!