Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Afterword



I attended the 2012 LOOK3 Festival of the Photograph in Charlottesville, VA last week. What I enjoy most about this event is listening to the featured photographers talk about their photos and how they came to each of their projects. If there were only static exhibits, I wouldn't bother going. For me, the dialogue is what inspires and excites me.

The thing that strikes me every time I attend one of these events is the number of cameras. Everyone has at least one and the manufacturers and models are across the board. I think there are more Leicas than you might see among the general public, but other than that every camera make is represented.

And eating breakfast a couple of tables away from someone like Sam Abell is kind of cool too.

1 comment:

Tom Dills said...

Interesting. I've read your posts from prior visits and always thought that would some place I'd like to go. But then I promptly forgot about it until I read your post from this year!

I guess I'll have to pay better attention next year and spend some time outside of my photographic cave.

Sam Abell...yeah, that would be cool.