Friday, January 13, 2012

Stacked

“Art is not to be found by touring to Egypt, China, or Peru; if you cannot find it at your own door, you will never find it.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson


I firmly agree with RWE on this point. I really like this image and it's certainly something I see on a daily basis. And the bowl I usually need is on the bottom of the stack. 


Although I love my photos taken in far away places, I love the ones from own door just as much. A photo of a leopard resting in a tree is my treasure; evoking memories beyond the animal itself. Sitting in an open, 4x4 vehicle, snapping pictures of such a majestic creature was an extraordinary experience. Capturing my everyday life is just as rewarding. Here's another favorite quote:


“Photography is not about the thing photographed.  It is about how that thing looks photographed”. - Garry Winogrand

No comments: