Thursday, December 15, 2011

Sit back while I rant...


I went to visit my local park today and I left disgusted. The park has been under renovation for over a year and while there is still a lot of road construction going on, it's basically open to the public again. But it's horrible. What used to be a natural area with lots of trees and grassy areas is now mostly green-roofed pavilions and parking areas.

I have spent countless hours at that park over the years... going to baseball games, taking photos of the lake and wildlife and sometimes just sitting and thinking. 

All of the shoreline in the photo above is gone. I am very sad at this 'development'.


3 comments:

Ann Courtney said...

Rant away - better out than in. Too late I guess to write to any higher authority. It's a shame when so called progress is anything but.

Faye White said...

Kids will love it. There are more sports areas. I will have to make do with other parks in my county, but I still hate that this one has 'evolved'.

Monte Stevens said...

Sadly that is another sign of how distant our society is from nature. Time in nature will touch our soul in ways a ballpark and playground can never do. I saw something similar this morning. A location I use for wide open spaces now has an oil drilling rig setup. We can't turn our backs for a second. So, rant on, girl!