Friday, July 29, 2011

If you don't know it's missing, is it really lost?


I accidentally found two to-do lists today. I say "accidentally" because they were inside a notebook and I need a notebook tomorrow and... there they were.

One was a list of things that need to be done in/around the house. Half had been completed (Yay me!!). The other list appears to be New Years resolutions. *sigh* I think it must have been from 2010, because I'm quite sure I didn't make the perfunctory gesture this year.

Now - on the latter list, I have at least made some progress on all but one of the "promises". So... I'm not feeling completely disappointed in myself. And I am going to keep the lists in sight and hopefully they won't get buried or filed away somewhere again.

Ahhhh... birthdays, a good time to reflect and make any necessary course corrections.


2 comments:

Monte Stevens said...

Happy Birthday, Faye! Hope you have some good plans for your special day. But ,please don't embarrass us or call for bail money.

I wonder if finding those lists was really an accident or was it a kairos moment in your life. Also, since you've done some of the to-dos and promises, your subconscious is doing its work.

You are a good artist and I wanted to let you know I like how you always seem to post a creative, storytelling image that goes along with your writing. Have a super weekend!

Sorry, but I'm in a huggy mood today, so here's another one: Hug.

Ann Courtney said...

Hi Faye - not sure if I've missed your birthday, time differences being what they are.... but Happy Birthday!
I'm intrigued by this title - it is quite thought provoking on many levels.
I've given up on lists as they're rarely in the right place at the right time!