Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood...


I listened to the news before getting out of bed this morning... I really shouldn't do that, it sets a bad tone for the rest of the day. But on the upside, I met two of my neighbors while I was delivering the trash to the curb this morning. Pete and Sally live behind me and they've lived there for twenty years. I've seen them walking in the neighborhood every morning (rain or shine, hot or cold) but I never knew where they lived. I know that sounds odd and it is. My house is set way back from the street, so waving and saying "Hi" to passers-by doesn't happen. And in the summer, when the leaves are on the trees, I'm even more secluded. I like (love!) the privacy, but it doesn't promote chit-chat over the backyard fences. And although they live directly behind me, the trees block a clear view of their house from mine. But I have noticed them working in their garden over the years.

So... now I know Pete and Sally. :)

Then I went to the park with my IR camera...

3 comments:

Monte Stevens said...

First I like this image and glad you took the camera to the park. I'm also glad you met Pete and Sally. Who knows what doors that can open for you and them.

shopaholicann said...

When I walked my daughter down to catch the school bus I got to know so many people in the village. She is no longer at school and I no longer do the walk, consequently I now know only a couple of neighbours. It's amazingly easy to become almost detached from all but your immediate surroundings.But it's something which can be remedied. I must start doing that walk again…for the pleasure of it!

I love the photograph Faye.

Brent said...

Sometimes not knowing your neighbors is a very good thing. In this case, however, it all sounds perfectly swell!