Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Rituals


I don't have any. I don't like repetition and maybe that's why. Other than paying bills on certain dates, I don't have any daily rituals. This suddenly seems a bit odd to me. If I ever have to take medication on a daily basis... well, that's going to be a challenge.

I don't have a 9-5 job and if I did, I'm sure my days would be more regimented. I don't wake up or go to sleep at specific times. I eat when I get hungry and I pray when I feel sad or overwhelmed.

Crikey! This revelation is making me feel like such an slacker! Well, of course, I do things, go places and generally accomplish tasks, I just do them... whenever. 

I think (maybe) I should introduce ONE thing into my days that MUST be done at a certain time. Or... should I make it weekly? Daily seems like such a chore. Hehehe....

1 comment:

Monte Stevens said...

Interesting observation and usually an indication of the beginning of some change within. I personally have had rituals most of my life but moved away from them as I've aged. I still find time to sit in quiet, my form of timeout. There were times when rituals were needed in my life and kept me above water while at other times they only became a dry empty task. It may be best to say rituals are always in transition, they change we change. It may be that more people need to live life your way. If you do add one to your life I do hope it is an enjoyable and nurturing ritual. Sorry, I'm a bit gabby today. :-)