Thursday, February 25, 2010

Beauregard


I took Beau to the vet today. He weighs just shy of 15 lbs and wrangling him into the cat carrier and keeping him inside while I zip up the door is a challenge. If he gets away, he will find a hiding place in the house and I won't easily find him. So I always put the carrier into plain view a few days prior to his appointment, so he's not alerted by the sudden appearance of it. I trimmed his claws yesterday, just in case... Then on THE day, I have to keep him in view until it's time to capture him. My other cat, Sofia, is never more than a few feet away from me, but Beau's normal routine is to go off to different parts of the house to nap - morning, noon and night.

My plan succeeded and he's had his annual vaccinations. I'm exhausted.

1 comment:

monstev said...

This is an excellent image of Beau. And, I so love the short story of vet visits. Rest sounds like the order of the day.