Tuesday, December 29, 2009

don't look back too far



I've noticed that some people are looking back at a decade now that a new one is right around the corner. I can't do that, nor do I want to look back that far. A lot of good things happened in the last ten years... and some truly awful things too. So for me, one year is a good time frame to review.

On January 1, 2009 I didn't know what the new year would bring, I just knew I would be alone. I decided I wanted to travel and did I ever! None of us knows how long we have on this earth, no matter what our age. And there are places I want to see and I'm going to visit as many possible. I don't like traveling alone, but if it's the only option - so be it.

Stay tuned for more 2010 plans...

2 comments:

Ann said...

Looking back can be so tempting, the results are inevitably mixed. I wish you lots of safe and happy traveling.

Anonymous said...

I love your attitude (tude). And, yes you seem to have traveled a lot this past year. Travel has a way of changing us, maybe even healing. So, I will follow this blog and see what adventures you will live in the new decade. Maybe another book or two. Just, have fun!!!