Sunday, February 03, 2008

enlightened


Sunday morning... my time to absorb the newsprint. The only time I read the newspapers and sorry if that surprises. I keep up with the news during the week via the internet and tv... as much as I can stand, that is.

Sooooo.. this morning's highlights:

Beau the groundhog (General Lee) did not see his shadow yesterday and so spring is just around the corner. Go Beau!

My horoscope informed me that I cannot control everything...... bummer

An interview with Art Spiegelman:
"We think in bursts of language that might fit into a speech balloon." Indeed. Email and text messaging have dwindled our speech to the minimum words (?) necessary to convey our emotions and thoughts. Sentence structure be damned - get rid of nouns, verbs, vowels.

And the best is last:
Vince Lombardi, as the then ('57?) new head coach of the Green Bay Packers:
"Gentlemen, we are going to relentlessly chase perfection, knowing full well that we will not catch it, because nothing is perfect. But we are going to relentlessly chase it because in the process, we will catch excellence."

No comments: