Tuesday, May 22, 2007

motivation and rating one's own work

Motivation... the photo-a-day project keeps me taking photos and I honestly try not to post just anything to fill the slot. There is a quote by Alfred Eisenstaedt, "Once the amateur's naive approach and humble willingness to learn fades away, the creative spirit of good photography dies with it. Every professional should remain always in his heart an amateur."



I try to improve my skills and develop my own style; when I look back at my photos from two-three years ago, I feel better about my images today. Hopefully, I will continue to evolve and will be different/better three years from now, and so on and so on. ;)



Rating my work.... well, that can be as simple as 'if I like it, that's good enough" or as complicated as "how does it stack up to..." who? what? What/who should I compare my work to? I know the answer in "noone", but the temptation is there....

No comments: